KNOTT’S MERRY FARM OPENS ON NOVEMBER 22
PLUS BUY A 2015 KNOTT’S BERRY FARM SEASON PASS & GET A 2014 VISIT FOR FREE!
This post is written by me for GigaSavvy. All opinions our own.
Christmas is my family’s favorite time of year! And excitement for the big day is just starting to build! Yesterday, while walking through my local mall , I saw the anticipation of the season right around the corner. Shiny Christmas decorations hung from the stores’ ceilings, shelves were stocked full of new merchandise and lights shimmered from the newly decorated Christmas trees.
As a part of this year’s long list of favorite holiday traditions, my family and I plan to attend Knott’s Berry Farm’s seasonal event Knott’s Merry Farm! There are only 30 days left until it opens on November 22.
Our very own pet Snoopy was so excited to hear the news that he requested to watch the nostalgic A Charlie Brown Christmas on Youtube in preparation for the big day!
Knott’s Merry Farm runs from November 22 through January 4, 2015.
This year’s holiday event includes park-wide lavish decorations, live entertainment, festive food, and a shopping wonderland filled with local artisans.
Here’s a sneak peek into what’s in store for visitors:
- A performance by the world famous beagle, Snoopy as he performs a brand new ice spectacular, Merry Christmas, Snoopy! inside of the 2,100 Charles M. Schulz Theatre.
- Experience a unique live performance of Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol or O. Henry’s A Gift of the Magi in an intimate setting of the historic Bird Cage.
- When the sun sets on the Farm, Calico Stage lights up with the celebration of the season in Snoopy’s Merriest Tree Lighting. Join Snoopy and Friends for a musical, whimsical tree lighting featuring a cast of Toy Soldiers, Snowmen, Elves and America’s most famous beagle, Snoopy!
- Over in Camp Snoopy, Charlie Brown, Linus and Lucy invite you to dance, sing and join in on the holiday fun in the Camp Snoopy Theatre.
- Introduced in 2013, the Ghost Town and Calico Railroad celebrate Christmas on Engine 41. Climb aboard a vintage railcar and meet an ever-changing group of Ghost Town residents eager to share their Christmas plans and songs with you.
- Ghost Town also celebrates of the sounds of the season with its very own Dickensian vocal quartet, Calico Carolers and interactive country Christmas blue grass quartet, the Ghost Town Miners.
While in attendance, check out Knott’s Berry Farm’s culinary elves’ delicious festive treats including Santa’s homemade cookies, sundae bar, decadent hot chocolate topped with hand carved chocolate shavings, and winter wine and craft beer tastings. Savor the ultimate comfort foods with Knott’s world famous desserts, including fresh made-to-order Maple Lollipops, churros from the Churro Factory, cakes, cookies, muffins and gingerbread men in the Farm Bakery, as well as the legendary cooking at Mrs. Knott’s Chicken Dinner Restaurant.
Knott’s Berry Farm knows that no Christmas is complete without a visit to see Santa Clause at Santa’s Christmas Cabin too. The Wilderness Dance Hall in Ghost Town becomes home to Santa’s Christmas Cabin for the holiday season. Here, the young and the young at heart can share their wish lists with jolly Santa Claus and take home a picture of the occasion.
When you need a moment to relax and unwind, head over to Knott’s Christmas Crafts Village! During this time of year, Knott’s Berry Farm transforms their Ghost Town into a shopping wonderland filled with dozens of local artists and artisans selling their unique wares including a chainsaw sculptor and glass blower. Entrance to the Knott’s Christmas Crafts Village is free Monday through Thursday and is included daily with theme park admission.
For more information on Knott’s Berry Farm, including admission, park hours and events, visit their website or download the Knott’s Berry Farm app for your smart phone.
BONUS TIP: If you buy a 2015 Knott’s Berry Farm Season Pass right now, you can enjoy the lowest price of the year and receive unlimited 2015 visits to Knott’s for only 9 easy payments of $8.50. Plus get one 2014 visit for FREE! Hurry though, this offer expires on November 3.
Snoopy and my family look forward to seeing you this holiday season at Knott’s Merry Farm!
Happy Field Tripping!
Disclosure: This is written by me for GigaSavvy. We were invited to a media event to help facilitate this post. All opinions are our own. Pictures used by permission from GigaSavvy and Knott’s Berry Farm.