This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BigHero6Release #CollectiveBias
Calling all inventors, curators and creators of all things. The new Big Hero 6 Blue-Ray/DVD + Gift With Purchase Set was released on Tuesday, February 24!
My family and I first saw the movie when it came out in theaters. One of my blog contributors, Joshua, even got to take a sneak peak behind the curtain of how the movie was made at the Walt Disney Animation Studios in Hollywood.
So to celebrate the release of the DVD, I decided to host a surprise Big Hero 6 DVD viewing party for my kids!
In preparation, I went to Walmart and picked up a Big Hero 6 Blue-Ray/DVD + Gift With Purchase Set, some party decorations and craft supplies to make a Baymax Window Decal. I easily found the DVD on the end cap in the entertainment department of my local Walmart.
What’s neat is that the Big Hero 6 Blu-Ray/DVD + Gift With Purchase Set includes a digital movie on Vudu while supplies last! Simply scan your receipt using the Savings Catcher in the Walmart app. Then look for a message on your phone or email. Now you can watch Big Hero 6 on any device!
I also perused Walmart.com and found all sorts of Big Hero 6 merchandise and toys for our party.
First, I created a Baymax Window Decal for the occasion. It is so simple, even preschoolers can do it with a little help from mom or dad. The supplies needed are foil, a piece of cardboard, some Elmer’s glue, black string and 2 black beads.
Here is a quick tutorial on how to make a Baymax Window Decal:
1. Cover the cardboard with foil and draw an outline of Baymax in Elmer’s glue. I found an image of Baymax that I liked online and copied it by hand.
2. Add black string to the outline. I used different lengths of strings for the smaller creases.
3. Add eyes and a superhero patch to Baymax by using more string and two small black pony beads. If you don’t have any pony beads on hand, then black beans work just as well.
4. Set Baymax outside in the sun to dry for approximately 2 days! It is fun to watch the glue transform from white to clear.
5. After the glue has dried completely, slowly peal Baymax off the foil.
6. Finally, hang up your Baymax Window Decal in the window and enjoy. It is pretty to watch the sun shine through!
Next I surprised my children with a Big Hero 6 viewing party! The smiles on their faces were precious as they walked in the door!
I gave Field Trip Girl and Field Trip Boy each a handpicked gift that I purchased on Walmart.com. Field Trip Girl received a strand of red and purple party beads.
Field Trip Boy got a copy of the Big Hero 6 game titled Battle In The Bay for his Nintendo DS. He was all smiles!
Field Trip Dog, our latest member of the family, also got in on the action!
Our viewing party was a great success and created some wonderful new memories for our family.
So I’ve shared how we geared up for the Big Hero 6 DVD/Blu-Ray release! Now tell me how your family will be celebrating when you take the movie home!