Every October the San Diego Tourism Authority invites families to experience Kids Free San Diego. During the entire month of October, kids eat, stay and play for FREE in this beautiful part of California! There are still 2 weeks left to take advantage of these amazing discount offers.
For example, normally a child’s admission price to such places as Sea World costs $59 and $89 for LEGOLAND. But with Kids Free San Diego families can take advantage of discounted deals at more than 100 participating partners and plan an ultimate family getaway.
Kids Free San Diego Restaurants
Numerous San Diego restaurants are participating in Kids Free San Diego! For example, get one free kid’s meal at Don Chido with the purchase of an regularly priced menu item or receive one free kids meal from Pacific Beach Ale House’s Children’s Menu, with the purchase of two regularly priced entrees from their regular lunch/dinner menu.
Kids Free San Diego Activities
Hundreds of local entertainment venues are offering outstanding kid deals during the month of October too. Here’s just a small sample of what I found online.
- Kids Ride Free with Hornblower Cruises – Kids cruise free on any 1 or 2 hour daily Harbor Cruise in San Diego. Valid with purchase of 1 adult ticket. Each adult ticket allows up to 2 children to cruise free.
- Free Kids Photography Tour with San Diego Photography Tours – Kids 12 and under can take tour free with any paid adult who is their parent/guardian.
- Kids Fish Free at H&M Landing – Kids fish for free at H&M Landing with a paid adult.
- Kids Go Free to the Birch Aquarium at Scripps – Children 12 and under receive free entry with a paid admission of at least one accompanying adult at the Birch Aquarium at Scripps in La Jolla. Valid for 2 children per paid adult.
- Kids Go Free to the Japanese Friendship Garden – Children age 12 and under receive free entry with the paid admission of at least one accompanying adult at the Japanese Friendship Garden. Valid for 2 children per paid adult.
The San Diego Museum Council is also providing free admission for kids 12 and under to 40 arts, cultural, and science museums in San Diego County. Remember, you need one coupon per museum visit, so download additional copies. One coupon is good for up to two free child admissions with one full-price paid adult admission. Some restrictions apply.
- Barona Cultural Center & Museum
- Birch Aquarium at Scripps
- Cabrillo National Monument
- California Center for the Arts Museum
- California Surf Museum
- Coronado Museum of History & Art
- Fleet Science Center (excludes films and The Art of the Rock)
- Flying Leatherneck Aviation Museum
- Gaslamp Museum at the Davis-Horton House
- Heritage of the Americas Museum
- Japanese Friendship Garden
- La Jolla Historical Society
- Living Coast Discovery Center
- Lux Art Institute
- Maritime Museum of San Diego
- Marston House Museum & Gardens
- Mingei International Museum
- Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego
- Museum of Making Music
- Museum of Photographic Arts
- Oceanside Museum of Art
- San Diego Air & Space Museum
- San Diego Archaeological Center
- San Diego Automotive Museum
- San Diego Botanic Garden
- San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum
- San Diego Chinese Historical Museum
- San Diego History Center
- San Diego Model Railroad Museum
- San Diego Natural History Museum (theNAT)
- Serra Museum
- The New Children’s Museum
- The San Diego Museum of Art
- The Water Conservation Garden
- Tijuana Estuary Visitor Center
- Timken Museum of Art
- USS Midway Museum
- Veterans Museum at Balboa Park
- Visions Art Museum
- Warner-Carrillo Ranch House
- Women’s Museum of California
For complete details about Kids Free San Diego and a full list participating hotels, restaurants, and activities please visit SanDiego.org.
Happy Field Tripping!