This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WhereFunBegins #CollectiveBias
Spring time is here! It’s time to roll out the craft cart, enjoy some beautiful weather and make some spring-inspired crafts with your little ones.
Two years ago, I did a recyclable flower vase craft with my son’s kindergarten class. We made 32 Mother’s Day vases out of recyclable plastic bottles and tissue paper. The kids had a blast!
It was so much fun that I wanted to do it again with a few leftover SunnyD bottles that I had on hand.
Last week, I went to my local Sam’s Club and picked up a pack of SunnyD 24ct. 6.75oz. bottles in Tangy Original flavor.
SunnyD was on Rollback for only $5.38. Score, I thought. I always love a good deal! I found the SunnyD located on an end-cap near the refrigerated section. This was a new place for me to find them.
Do you remember when you were a child and your parents gave you a nice cool SunnyD on a hot summer day? That’s how I felt standing in the refrigerated aisle!
When I got home, I immediately cracked open a bottle of SunnyD, and started preparing for my afternoon craft session.
Here’s how I made a fun SunnyD Recyclable Flower Vase Craft:
1. For this craft you will need the following items –
- a SunnyD bottle
- colored tissue paper
- Matte Mod Podge
- Mod Podge Extreme Glitter
- paint brush
- any type of artificial flowers
2. Wash out an empty SunnyD bottle with soap and water. Take off the label, lid and blue rim and discard them.
3. Cut the tissue paper into approximately 1 inch x 1 inch individual squares. You can make as many squares as you want. I made about 30 of them.
4. Glue one piece of tissue paper at a time onto the bottle using the Matte Mod Podge. The purpose of this step is to layer individual sheets all over the bottle. Don’t worry about overlapping. It’s fine.
This is what it will semi look like when you are done.
5. After the first layer of glue has completely dried, add a second layer of Mod Podge Extreme Glitter on top. Allow it to dry again.
6. Add in artificial flowers and enjoy!
A SunnyD Recyclable Flower Vase is a great craft for young children to make as a present for Mother’s Day.
Be sure to check out more fun in the sun ideas with SunnyD at sunnyd.com!