The Iron Horse/Family Steampunk Carnivale celebrates the future of the past. It pays homage to the Victorian Era, Edwardian science fiction and the Industrial Revolution with a real, live steam-powered locomotive being the perfect backdrop.
According to Wikipedia, “Steampunk began as a subgenre of science fiction and fantasy literature, but has developed in recent years to become a craft and lifestyle movement that commonly features some aspect of steam-powered machinery. Although its literary origins are sometimes associated with cyberpunk, steampunk is often inspired by industrialized Western civilization during the 19th century.
At the Iron Horse/Family Steampunk Carnivale enjoy the quirky Victorian-flavored hip hop of Poplock Holmes and the magical medicine show of Dr. Solar. At an evening concert, experience the mesh of mime and music of Steam Powered Giraffe.
Other activities and displays include:
- Steam locomotive and vintage trolley rides
- Steampunk artisans displaying jewelry, handiworks and steam-driven contraptions and imaginative gadgets
- Steampunk/Victorian era fashion show and costume contest
- Steampunk workshops
- High Tea in a vintage dining rail car (extra fee)
- Victorian age steam-powered car
- From 9 am to 5 pm the price is $15 for ages 12 and up, $10 ages 5 – 11, ages 4 and under are FREE.
- The Steam Powered Giraffe evening concert from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. is $25.
- For $35, you can attend the Iron Horse/Family Steampunk Carnivale and the concert.
WHEN: Saturday, March 22 & Sunday, March 23
WHERE: The Orange Empire Railway Museum is located 2201 S A St., Perris, CA
Now for a flash giveaway! Enter to win a family 4-pack of tickets to attend The Iron Horse/Family Steampunk Carnivale on either day of your choosing (evening concert not included)! The winner will be selected on March 15!
Rules: US Residents Only. No purchase necessary to enter. One winner will be randomly selected via RaffleCopter and notified via email. Winner must respond within 24 hours to claim the prize or a new winner will be chosen via RaffleCopter. The prize package will be fulfilled by the sponsor.
For more information about the Steampunk Carnivale, please visit www.oerm.org
Happy Field Tripping,
Disclosure: This post is for informational purposes only. All points of view are my own. Photo copyrighted by The Orange Empire Railway Museum and used by permission.