This is a sponsored by Bays English Muffins.
It’s easy to get caught up in the routine of making boring breakfasts. It usually goes something like this. Step #1 – Open fridge. Step #2 – Grab milk. Step #3 – Pour milk over cereal. Step #4 – Repeat. Boring! Now’s the time to beat the breakfast blues and change up your morning routine!
So, if the thought of bran flakes and low fat milk isn’t getting your family out of bed in the morning, then check out this delicious Baked Apple Cinnamon Skillet French Toast. It’s similar to making traditional french toast, but with an apple cinnamon twist. I prefer to make it the night before and heat it up in the morning.
Baked Apple Cinnamon Skillet French Toast Ingredients
- 6 Bays English Muffins, halved and split
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large Gala apple, cored and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup, heated and garnished with a cinnamon stick
- Powdered sugar (optional)