Get your tickets now for Sanrio’s Hello Kitty Con 2014: The First Ever Hello Kitty Fan Convention
Yesterday my daughter Field Trip Girl declared that she is going to have a Hello Kitty party for her 6th birthday. The problem though? She still has 10 more months to wait!
In the meantime, I have decided to take her to the first ever Hello Kitty Convention at The Geffen Contemporary at MOCA (The Museum of Contemporary Art) in Los Angeles from October 30th – November 2nd.
Hello Kitty Fans unite! Sanrio created Hello Kitty Con to celebrate Hello Kitty’s 40th Anniversary and place Hello Kitty fans at the center of the ultimate interactive experience, inviting them to immerse themselves in a never-before-seen environment where the world of Hello Kitty is celebrated, explored and experienced.
Hello Kitty Con 2014 line up of favorite events include:
- Special appearances and signings with Hello Kitty head designer from Tokyo Yuko Yamaguchi.
- Workshops on Hello Kitty scrapbooking, flower arranging, nail art, DIY jewelry making and more.
- A Hello Kitty Friendship Station Pop-up Shop offering convention exclusives.
- A Hello Kitty Super Supermarket featuring a curated selection of vendors offering products and experiences available only at the convention.
- Hello Kitty’s Friendship Village and Hello Kitty’s House where fans can discover a life-size home decorated in Hello Kitty inside & out and wander through various Hello Kitty photo opps.
- Five leading tattoo artists offering FREE (real!) tattoos.
- Sanrio Tokyo’s resident nail artist and Hello Kitty Nail Art book author Masako Kojima will give fans a chance to Hello Kitty-fy their nails.
A Hello Kitty Con ticket also includes free same-day admission ($20 value) to Hello! Exploring the Supercute World of Hello Kitty, the Hello Kitty exhibition at the Japanese American National Museum, as well as many more free activities and goodies throughout the convention. We planning on seeing the Hello Kitty exhibition next spring when my homeschool students are studying about Japan.
Tickets for the highly anticipated Hello Kitty Con 2014 are now available to purchase at http://www.sanrio.com/hellokittycon-tickets/.
Field Trip Girl and I look forward to seeing you at #hellokittycon very soon!
Happy Field Tripping,
Disclosure: This is an informational post only. All opinions and points of view are our own. Images used by permission from Sanrio.