LA Fleet Week is coming to the Port of Los Angeles on Thursday, August 29 – Monday, September 2 in San Pedro. And during LA Fleet Week you can tour a Navy ship for FREE!
LA Fleet Week is an opportunity for the local community and region to learn more about the mission and operations of the U.S. Navy, as well as other branches of the military. During LA Fleet Week, the U.S. Navy and U.S. Coast Guard will be offering a limited number of ship tours that provide the public a glimpse into the day-to-day life aboard an active military ship, and the opportunity to see military equipment and demos upfront and close.
LA Fleet Week Activities
- Aerial demonstrations
- Military, fire, police and other emergency vehicles and equipment
- Discounted tours of the Battleship IOWA (free admission to veterans and active military)
- Discounted tours of the S.S. Lane Victory (free admission to active military)
- STEM Expo with hands-on exhibits and displays
- Special dockside tours for the elderly and special needs guests
- Popular food trucks and beverages
- Lots of shopping, dining, and fun all around the LA Waterfront and LA Harbor
LA Fleet Week Free Ship Tours
LA Fleet Week is a free public event! One of the special highlights of the event is free public tours of military ships. Public ship tours will be available throughout the weekend on a first-come, first-serve basis, with no online reservations needed.
- Ships will be located at the Port of Los Angeles Cruise Center (just off Harbor Blvd. at Swinford Street); at Downtown Harbor; and at the end of Miner Street in San Pedro.
- Guided tours are 20-minutes long. Unfortunately you are not able to select which vessel you want to tour.
- Each guest must show a U.S. government-issued ID with their ticket.
- IDs are not required for children under 18 years of age when accompanied by an adult.
- Visitors must be at least 5 years old to tour vessels.
- Strollers are not permitted on ships.
- Must be able to climb stairs.
- Taking photos on the decks of the vessels is allowed. No interior photography, please.
- Wear comfortable rubber-soled, closed-toe shoes and appropriate clothing.
- NO BAGs of any kind, including purses, backpacks or diaper bags will be allowed due to security reasons.
- Expect to spend 2 – 3 hours for the whole experience at LA Fleet Week.
Additionally, dozens of military and first responder aircraft demonstrations will entertain event goers throughout the Labor Day Weekend. Aircrafts will soar over the Main Channel at the Port of Los Angeles to kick off Friday night’s Military Appreciation concert headlined by Cheap Trick, then regularly take to the skies between 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m., Saturday through Monday.
On tap for the weekend is also U.S. Navy F/A 18 combat jet flyovers, as well as Search and Rescue (SAR) demonstrations by the U.S. Coast Guard.
Happy Field Tripping!