Last Wednesday, on a beautiful afternoon while the kids were in school, I had the opportunity to spend time at the tranquil Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort & Marina in Newport Beach, California. Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort is a 100-acre resort located in the Back Bay of Newport Beach.
Visitors can enjoy 110 acres of gorgeous beach front property with wonderful amenities such as a waterpark, stand up paddle boarding, swimming, kayaking and a playground on the beach for kids. The resort also offers sailboat, pedal boat and electric boat rentals. Newport Dunes is a great place to go for both a day trip or weekend excursion!
Newport Dunes Cottages For Rent
Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort is home to a variety of housing options. You can pitch a tent on any one of their open camp sites, arrange for group camping on the beach or rent a beach cottage for special occasions. In total, the resort has 10 Beachfront Cottages, 11 Large Premium Cottages and 6 Studio Cottages for guests to choose from. Each cottage is equipped with kitchens and other fantastic amenities to make you feel right at home.
For all resort guests, Newport Dunes has a year-round heated pool and spa, fitness center, professional spa services and an onsite activities department that hosts special events all month long.
The Beachfront Cottage is Newport Dunes’ most popular cottage, complete with a queen-sized bed and sofa bed. Enjoy room amenities including a Smart TV, full kitchen and dining area and a full bathroom. Special touches include plush linens and towels. Newport Dunes’ smaller camping cottages are equipped with bunk beds, a sofa bed, kitchenette with a refrigerator, a bathroom and shower and an outdoor deck. When you rent a studio cottage you need bring your own linens.
Newport Dunes Spring Break Special Offer
Right now, Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort is offering a great deal for spring break visitors!
- Book 2 nights and get 50% off the 3rd night!
- Stay 3 nights and get a complimentary 4th night!
- Mention “Spring Into Savings” to receive the discount when booking by phone, or mention at check-in when booking online.
- Not valid on holidays.
- Offer valid from March 1 thru May 22, 2019 only.
Newport Dunes RV Park
In addition to beach cottages, Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort also has a fully operational RV Park with a variety of sites and hook ups available. Stay in style with one of the Top Destinations for RV Vacationers and one of the Top 10 Best Luxury RV Resorts in the U.S.!
Newport Dunes RV Park offer 372 campsites in total, accommodating a wide array of RVs, trailers, and camping options. An RV agent is available on site as well.
- Beachfront sites overlook the beach and feature a grassy lawn in front of the site. They are half dirt and half concrete. Size is 25 ft. x 50 ft. Pull-in and back-in RV beachfront sites are available. Full Hook-Ups and picnic table are provided. For RV or trailers only.
- Super sites are the largest available at the Dunes and feature a grassy lawn in front of the site. They are half dirt and half concrete. Size is 35 ft. x 45 ft. Pull-in and Back-in sites available. RV or trailers only. Full Hook-Ups and picnic table are provided.
- Select sites are 25 ft. x 40 ft. Full Hook-Ups and picnic table included. A walk to the beach takes only 60 seconds. Concrete pads available in the Premium and Deluxe sections of the park only. Sites are for RV or trailers only.
- Preferred sites are 25 ft. x 40 ft and made of dirt. Full Hook-Ups and picnic table included. For RV or trailers only. Sites are a quick 60-second walk to the beach.
- Large sites are 25 ft. x 40 ft and consists of dirt. Full Hook-Ups and picnic table are included. For RV or trailers only. Sites are a quick 60-second walk to the beach.
- Small sites are 22 ft. x 25 ft and consists of dirt. Full Hook-Ups and picnic table are provided. RV, trailers or tents allowed. Sites are a two minute walk to the beach and are close to showers and restrooms.
Newport Dunes Guest Activities
Newport Dunes is open year round for exploration. In the spring, the weather is near perfect and the scenery is breath taking. On the particular day that I visited, my friends and I took a Duffy electric boat out on the water and explored the back bay in style.
Guests are invited to reserve a Duffy boat on site and cruise around the bay and harbor areas. Boats are rented on 4 hour basis and have to be back by dusk. Guests are welcome to bring their own food on board or place an order with Back Bay Bistro and have their meal delivered dockside.
Newport Dunes Waterpark
Newport Dunes Waterpark is opened to resort guests and the general public everyday from 10 am – 6 pm, Memorial Day through Labor Day. From the iconic Titanic Iceberg to the pulse-pounding Power Slide, Newport Dunes Waterpark has some of the best inflatables the area! Every swimmer is required to wear a life preserver when playing in the waterpark. Since the beach is also somewhat rough, I highly recommend that you wear water shoes.
To further enchance your visit, bonfire pits are available for rent on the beach. Circle around the warm bonfire while enjoying delicious s’mores and relive stories and memories.
For those seeking even more adventure, Newport Dunes has a convenient boat launch and kayaks available for rent to tour the Newport Harbor. The boat launch costs $15 per day. Open to the public, as well as RV Park and Marina guests, Newport Dunes’ Movies on the Beach is offered every weekend from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Be sure to bring blankets, beach chairs and jackets for the cool summer nights.
Back Bay Bistro
After a fun afternoon of swimming and relaxation, you can enjoy a delicious dinner at Back Bay Bistro! The Bistro has a panoramic view of the Back Bay nature preserve, along with some of the most beautiful sunsets in Newport Beach. The Bistro’s menu features a wide variety of fresh local seafood and prime steaks. They are famous for their Family Brunch on Saturdays and Champagne Brunch on Sundays, which earned the “diners Choice Award by Open Table for Top 10 Brunch Location in Orange County.”
Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort is located at 1131 Back Bay Drive in Newport Beach. To learn more about the resort and how to book your stay, please visit newportdunes.com.
Happy Field Tripping!