I remember back to when I thought that the only thing to do for Pi Day (March 14 = 3-14, the first three numbers of Pi) was to bake a pie. It really is a popular choice, not only because everyone loves pie, but because if you look at 3.14 in the mirror, it actually looks like it says, “PIE.”
But as you can see in these 15 Fun Pi Day Activities for Kids, there are so many more creative ways to celebrate Pi Day 2017! One of my favorite ideas is to draw a Pi Skyline, but I actually found all of these activities to be intriguing. From counting out colored beads to make a necklace to singing songs, creating art, and solving puzzles, these 15 Fun Pi Day Activities for Kids provide some truly amazing and fun ways to learn all about the magical and mathematical concept of Pi.
So gather together some paper, pens, beads, and anything else your kids like to be creative with. Undoubtedly, these Fun Pi Day Activities for Kids will inspire you and your kids to create some special Pi activities of your own.
1. What Do We Do All Day – Math Art for Kids: Pi Skyline
2. Nurture Store – Celebrate Pi Day with Kids with Apple Pi Pie
3. Jinxy Kids – Pi Day Printable: Make Your Own Sneaky Pi Detector
4. Math Geek Mama – Pi Day Sing Along (Free Printable!)
5. KC Edventures With Kids – Everyday Math Ideas for Kids
6. Tinkerlab – Pi Day Art Project
7. The Math Forum – Pi Day Songs
8. Pieces by Polly – Kindergarten Pi-Day Activities
9. Pink Stripey Socks – Make Pi Art!
10. AVoision – Make Pi Music With PI 10K
11. Exploratorium – Pi Day Activities
12. Teachers Pay Teachers – Pi Day Bracelets Free Download
13. Math Forum – Making a PI Necklace
14. Nyla’s Crafty Teaching – Free Pi Day Activity: Proving Circumference
15. 360 – Pi Day Sudoku
Happy Pi Day!