I remember back to when I thought that the only thing to do for Pi Day (March 14 = 3-14, the first three numbers of Pi) was to bake a pie. It really is a popular choice, not only because everyone loves pie, but because if you look at 3.14 in the mirror, it actually looks like it says, “PIE.”
But as you can see in these 15 Fun Pi Day Activities for Kids, there are so many more creative ways to celebrate Pi Day 2020! One of my favorite ideas is to draw a Pi Skyline, but I actually found all of these activities to be intriguing.
Pi Day Activities For Kids
From counting out colored beads to make a necklace to singing songs, creating art, and solving puzzles, these activities provide some truly amazing and fun ways to learn all about the magical and mathematical concept of Pi.
So gather together some paper, pens, beads, and anything else your kids like to be creative with. Undoubtedly, these fun activities will inspire you and your kids to create some special Pi activities of your own.
1. What Do We Do All Day – Math Art for Kids: Pi Skyline
Math art projects are a great Pi Day activity for kids. This project shares a cityscape creation by graphing the numbers in Pi.
2. Nurture Store – Celebrate Pi Day with Kids with Apple Pi Pie
Introducing Pi- math discover through the baking of an apple Pi pie. What a delicious way to learn!
3. Jinxy Kids – Pi Day Printable: Make Your Own Sneaky Pi Detector
Download this free Pi Day printable to make math memorable with hands on activities.
4. Math Geek Mama – Pi Day Sing Along (Free Printable!)
Singing makes learning fun, and this downloadable printable is great! You’ll get 2 pages of silly math songs.
5. KC Edventures With Kids – Everyday Math Ideas for Kids
This list of 17 math activities is perfect for Pi Day. Getting kids involved in the kitchen is measuring ingredients is just one of those fun ways to learn math.
6. Tinkerlab – Pi Day Art Project
Turn Pi Day into art with this fun Pi Day Grid Art printable.
7. The Math Forum – Pi Day Songs
8. Pieces by Polly – Kindergarten Pi-Day Activities
These fraction paper plate pies are a great way to teach the kiddos about math. This post shares multiple kindergarten activities.
9. Pink Stripey Socks – Make Pi Art!
This Pi art is all about letting out your inner nerd. Grab some markers and other supplies, and let the geeky fun begin!
10. AVoision – Make Pi Music With PI 10K
11. Exploratorium – Pi Day Activities
You’ll need just 4 supplies for this project. Grab your scissors, tape, string and a circular object to get started.
12. Teachers Pay Teachers – Pi Day Bracelets Free Download
These bracelets are a fun way to accessorize for Pi Day. Grab the free download.
13. Math Forum – Making a PI Necklace
14. Nyla’s Crafty Teaching – Free Pi Day Activity: Proving Circumference
This activity for proving circumference seems intense, but it’s actually easier due to it allowing a concrete understanding.
15. 360 – Pi Day Sudoku
Sudoku is all about numbers, so why not test out this Pi Day Sudoku. The rules are a little different though, so pay attention!
I hope you’re excited as I am to make one of these 15 Fun Pi Day Activities for Kids with your elementary or junior high school students. Also, be sure to tag us on Facebook or Instagram with your finished product. We love to see your educational creations! And more inspiration, here are a few more projects I think you might like.
- 15 Busy Bee Crafts For Kids
- 21 Easy Dinosaur Crafts For Kids
- 10 Adorable Popsicle Stick Crafts For Kids
- 13 Adorable Farm Animal Crafts For Kids
Happy Pi Day!