Have you ever wondered how math can help you cook … or what causes a rainbow … or how baby chicks know when to hatch? Set a course for full STEAM ahead to OC Fair’s Imaginology, April 13-15, where science, technology, engineering, art and math come alive in the most fun and exciting ways.
At Imaginology, kids and their families will not only see a world of wonder, but can participate in a wide range of fun and educational hands-on activities designed to inspire and encourage academic and career exploration. We have attended several years in a row and love it every time. There is always a wide variety of new and interesting activities to peak my children’s attention. Here’s a look at years past!
Imaginology 2018 Daily Activities
At the Action Gallery North
- The Reptile Zoo – Interact with a variety of reptiles
- Scholastic Book Fair – Power your imagination with books
- Live birds with Golden West Bird Breeders
At the Action Gallery South
- Woodworking 101 with OC Scroll Saw Association – Learn basic skills like hammering, drilling
- Creative Crafting – Use your imagination to create anything you want
- Sew Easy – Learn the basics to make a plush piggy
- Sun Prints – Use the power of the sun to make camera-free photographs
- Tech Play – Interactive LED installation with Elenco Snap Circuit toys and Makey Makey
- Conrado Sanchez Technology Museum – Play with first home computers, vintage gaming systems
- Clay Play with OC School of the Arts and Aardvark Clay
- Imaginative Self-Portraits with Pop Up Studios
- IKEA – Use engineering skills to build a chair
At the Centennial Farm
- Blacksmith – Watch Christian work his magic
- OC Beekeepers – Learn about backyard beekeeping and see a real hive in action
- Touch Table – Use your senses to explore the garden
- UCCE Master Gardeners – Learn about ladybugs
- Cow milking on the demo cow, Maxine
- Ox demo (closed 12:30-1:30 p.m.)
- Great Egg-Scape – Watch chicks hatch from eggs
- Kruse Feed and Supply – Learn bout backyard chickens
At the Country Meadows
- Ag-Ventureland – 10 agriculture-related hands-on activities (ages 2-6)
- Physical Physics – Learn the physics involved in hula-hooping
- Fishing in the City – Try your hand at casting a line
- Dig for Roots – Harvest and plant root vegetables
- Radish Seed Planting – Plant radish to take home
- City of Costa Mesa – Find an activity in your city
At the The Hangar
- Aerospace Adventure – Laptop flight simulators, flying demos, make-and-fly paper gliders
At the Heroes Hall Lawn
- The Amazing Maze – Find your way through!
At the Livestock Area
- 4-H/FFA livestock animals on display
- Raising Cane’s – Practice the velocity and angle of a throw with cornhole
- Model train exhibit by Del Oro Pacific Modular Railroaders
- Activities also hosted by AMO Marketing, YMCA, ScholarShare and Tough Turtle Turf
- Hands-on module trains with OC Modual Railroaders
- Brain Flakes – A creative and educational alternative to building blocks
Youth in Orange County, from pre-school through high school, are also invited to showcase their talents in individual and group project competitions in a variety of subjects including Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math.
Field Trips to Imaginology 2018
Field Trip Day at Imaginology 2018 is on Friday, April 13 from 9 am – 3 pm. It is FREE for all students and chaperones to attend. Schools and large groups of 10 or more are encouraged to register ahead of time, but it is not required. All groups will be accommodated and no groups will be turned away.
Imaginology 2018 Admission Price
COST: FREE admission for all ages!
WHEN: Friday, April 13 – Sunday, April 15, 2018
- Friday 9 am – 3 pm
- Saturday 10 am – 5 pm
- Sunday 10 am – 5 pm
WHERE: OC Fair & Event Center | 88 Fair Drive, Costa Mesa, CA 92626
PARKING: Parking is free on Friday. General parking is $8 on Saturday and Sunday.
Happy Field Tripping!