This post contains affiliate links.
Every October the San Diego Tourism Authority invites families to experience Kids Free San Diego. During the entire month of October, kids ages 12 and under get to eat, stay and play for free (with paid adult admission) in this beautiful part of California! Enjoy more than 90 partner offers—as well as warm fall weather without the summer crowds.
For example, normally an adult admission price to such places as SeaWorld San Diego costs $93.99. But with Kids Free San Diego families can take advantage of discounted deals at more than 100 participating partners and plan an ultimate family getaway. There’s big fun waiting for kids, with savings that parents will love. Explore below and plan your perfect trip to San Diego this October!
Kids Free San Diego Restaurants
Numerous San Diego restaurants are participating in Kids Free San Diego! For example, get one child meal free per paid adult meal in any of Loews Coronado Bay’s dining establishments or get a one free kid’s combo meal per paid adult meal (maximum of two kids per paid adult entree) at Galaxy Taco in La Jolla.
Kids Free San Diego Activities
Hundreds of local entertainment venues are offering outstanding kid deals during the month of October too. Here’s just a small sample of what I found online.
- Kids Ride Free with Hornblower Cruises – Kids cruise free on any 1 or 2 hour daily Harbor Cruise in San Diego. Valid with purchase of 1 adult ticket. Each adult ticket allows up to 2 children to cruise free.
- Kids Fish Free at H&M Landing – Kids fish for free at H&M Landing with a paid adult.
- Kids Go Free to Mission San Luis Rey Children 12 and under receive free entry with a paid admission of at least one accompanying adult at the Mission San Luis Rey. Valid for 2 children per paid adult.
- Kids Go Free to the Japanese Friendship Garden – Children age 12 and under receive free entry with the paid admission of at least one accompanying adult at the Japanese Friendship Garden. Valid for 2 children per paid adult.
Kids Free San Diego Museums
The San Diego Museum Council is also providing free admission for kids 12 and under to numerous arts, cultural, and science museums in San Diego County. Remember, you need one coupon per museum visit, so download additional copies. One coupon is good for up to two free child admissions with one full-price paid adult admission. Some restrictions apply.
- Barona Cultural Center & Museum
- Bonita Museum & Cultural Center
- California Center for the Arts, Escondido
- California Surf Museum
- Gaslamp Museum at the Davis-Horton House
- Japanese Friendship Garden of San Diego
- Lux Art Institute
- Maritime Museum of San Diego
- Museum of Photographic Arts
- San Diego Air & Space Museum
- San Diego Archaeological Center
- San Diego Automotive Museum
- San Diego Model Railroad Museum
- The San Diego Museum of Artt
- USS Midway Museum
How To Get Kids Free San Diego Tickets
If you haven’t taken advantage of the Kids Free San Diego promo yet, here’s an easy way to grab tickets in advance, skip the ticket lines, avoid the crowds and go straight to the gate. For your convenience, you can get free tickets/vouchers online before you head out (only available for some venues).
For complete details about Kids Free San Diego and to see a full list participating hotels, restaurants, and activities please visit SanDiego.org.
More SoCal Discount Tickets For Every Day
In case you’re looking for more Socal Discount Ticket offers for when things start to return to normal, take a look at this list.
- Disneyland Resort ($10 off promo code for packages: FieldTrips10)
- Universal Studios Hollywood (buy one day, get one free)
- Knott’s Berry Farm
- LEGOLAND California
- San Diego Zoo
- San Diego Safari Park
- USS Midway Museum
Happy Field Tripping!