This post contains affiliate links.
Every October the San Diego Tourism Authority invites families to experience Kids Free San Diego. During the entire month of October, kids ages 12 and under get to eat, stay and play for free (with paid adult admission) in this beautiful part of California! Enjoy more than 100 partner offers—as well as warm fall weather without the summer crowds.
For example, normally a child’s admission price to such places as SeaWorld San Diego costs $91 and $95 for LEGOLAND California. But with Kids Free San Diego families can take advantage of discounted deals at more than 100 participating partners and plan an ultimate family getaway. There’s big fun waiting for kids, with savings that parents will love. Explore below and plan your perfect trip to San Diego this October!
Kids Free San Diego Restaurants
Numerous San Diego restaurants are participating in Kids Free San Diego! For example, get one free kid’s meal at Don Chido with the purchase of an regularly priced menu item or receive one free kids meal from Pacific Beach Ale House’s Children’s Menu, with the purchase of two regularly priced entrees from their regular lunch/dinner menu.
Kids Free San Diego Activities
Hundreds of local entertainment venues are offering outstanding kid deals during the month of October too. Here’s just a small sample of what I found online.
- Kids Ride Free with Hornblower Cruises – Kids cruise free on any 1 or 2 hour daily Harbor Cruise in San Diego. Valid with purchase of 1 adult ticket. Each adult ticket allows up to 2 children to cruise free.
- Kids Fish Free at H&M Landing – Kids fish for free at H&M Landing with a paid adult.
- Kids Go Free to the Birch Aquarium at Scripps – Children 12 and under receive free entry with a paid admission of at least one accompanying adult at the Birch Aquarium at Scripps in La Jolla. Valid for 2 children per paid adult.
- Kids Go Free to the Japanese Friendship Garden – Children age 12 and under receive free entry with the paid admission of at least one accompanying adult at the Japanese Friendship Garden. Valid for 2 children per paid adult.
Kids Free San Diego Museums
The San Diego Museum Council also providing free admission for kids 12 and under to 40 arts, cultural, and science museums in San Diego County. Remember, you need one coupon per museum visit, so download additional copies. One coupon is good for up to two free child admissions with one full-price paid adult admission. Some restrictions apply.
- Barona Cultural Center & Museum
- Birch Aquarium at Scripps
- Bonita Museum & Cultural Center
- California Center for the Arts Museum
- California Surf Museum
- Coronado Museum of History & Art
- Fleet Science Center (Galleries only)
- Flying Leatherneck Aviation Museum
- Gaslamp Museum at the Davis-Horton House
- Heritage of the Americas Museum
- Japanese Friendship Garden
- La Jolla Historical Society
- Living Coast Discovery Center
- Lux Art Institute
- Maritime Museum of San Diego
- Marston House Museum & Gardens
- Miniature Engineering Craftsmanship Museum
- Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego (Downtown only)
- Museum of Making Music
- Museum of Photographic Arts
- New Americans Museum
- Oceanside Museum of Art
- San Diego Air & Space Museum
- San Diego Archaeological Center
- San Diego Art Institute
- San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum
- San Diego Chinese Historical Museum
- San Diego History Center
- San Diego Model Railroad Museum
- San Diego Natural History Museum (the Nat)
- The New Children’s Museum
- The San Diego Museum of Art
- The Water Conservation Garden
- Tijuana Estuary Visitor Center
- Timken Museum of Art
- USS Midway Museum
- Veterans Museum at Balboa Park
- Visions Art Museum
- Warner-Carrillo Ranch House
- Whaley House (SOHO)
How To Get Kids Free San Diego Tickets
If you haven’t taken advantage of the Kids Free San Diego promo yet, here’s an easy way to grab tickets in advance, skip the ticket lines, avoid the crowds and go straight to the gate. For your convenience, you can get free tickets/vouchers online before you head out (only available for some venues).
For complete details about Kids Free San Diego and to see a full list participating hotels, restaurants, and activities please visit SanDiego.org.
More SoCal Discount Tickets For Every Day
In case you’re looking for more Socal Discount Ticket offers for every day take a look at this list.
- Disneyland Resort ( $10 off promo code for packages: FieldTrips10)
- Universal Studios Hollywood (buy one day, get one free)
- Knott’s Berry Farm
- LEGOLAND California
- San Diego Zoo
- San Diego Safari Park
- USS Midway Museum
Happy Field Tripping!